A Death in the Family

Tuesday, January 01, 2008




First thing this morning I arose to begin my full on slobathon that is the footballfest of New Years Day. I went to wish Alpha (my pet Betta) a Happy New Year and I noticed that he was laying on the bottom upside down. Now I figured he was either dead or still hammered drunk from the night before.It turns out he was both. Alpha was not a Mormon and lived a pretty hard life. I've never tried to press my religion on him, maybe if I had he'd still be with us today, cuz his water smelled of gin.


So ,sadly, I sent Alpha on a one way tour of the Seattle sewer system, and went to see my pal Dennis who gave me a new Betta. Ain't he a beaut ? The DW named him Firefin.He comes from a good family and I won't have to worry about this one drinking himself to death or getting into fights cuz he's a Quaker. The best part is that all I have to feed him is oatmeal.




HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FELLOW BLOGSTERS.




DARE TO BE GREAT IN 2008

3 comments:

Megan said...

So sorry to hear about Alpha. Looks like FireFin will be a great fish, though!

Ice Cream said...

Is it disrespectful to be laughing my head off at the obituary you've written for your late beta? 'Cause I am.

This new one will be the best ever if it is a quaker. They rock! Just be sure to use your thees and thous when speaking to it.

LizzyP said...

I'm so glad that you were able to grieve and find healing. And I hope you have better luck with his replacement. Happy New Year!

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger