Posted by Lucy van Pelt at 9:46 PM
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 8:04 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
ATTENTION SHOPPERS! Only 5 shopping days until my birthday. If you've already bought me something, then disregard this message. If not, then what are you waiting for? Remember, I like stuff that's cool. I don't like stuff that sucks. And, as always, no shopping on Sunday. Thank you for your attention in this matter.
P.S. If you've already purchased something, you will remain on the Christmas card list. TTFN, Daddy Shark
Posted by PJMcD at 8:46 PM
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 9:40 PM
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:24 PM
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Well it's 7 weeks into the NFL season, and college ball is also in full swing. It's my most favorite time of the year. Im grateful to whoever invented Tivo and DVR cuz now I can record the games whereby saving them to watch at my convenience . It totally helps me to observe the Sabath properly and skip all the silly ads. Of course my favorite team couldn't beat the Girl Scouts this year and they'd have a hard time sacking Big Bird, but hey I'm a fan. I also love Hockey, I mean you gotta love a sport where you can skate across the ice, sock a trouble maker in the nose and only have to sit out for 5 minutes and it's all part of the game. Ah the Manly Art of Manliness. Well I gotta go now my wife wants me to take out the trash and mop the kitchen.
Posted by PJMcD at 8:03 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 9:30 PM
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 9:57 PM
Monday, September 24, 2007
Posted by Lucy van Pelt at 8:38 PM
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Like the sign says, this joint is in Port
Angeles. They should call this place the "Crap House".They weren't all that busy, yet it took the "Hostess" 15 minutes to decide that maybe we weren't invisible. This gal had the customer service skills of Attilla the Hun. She totally reminded me of Selma Diamond, you know the crotchity ol' baliff lady that smoked nearly constantly and had the voice to match, who played on Night Court.
Anyhow the service could have been timed with a sundial, the water tasted glickky, and the whole place smelled of burnt grease.
So if you get hungry in Port Angeles, go to Taco Bell or go scrape mussels off the pier pileings, It'd taste better.
Rating: Full on GAG a BUZZARD.
Posted by PJMcD at 8:19 PM
Sunday, September 02, 2007
I'm no professional, but a fat guy knows food, so from time to time I will post on places to go for great eats. My first posting is Chicago Joes in Las Vegas. We came upon this great little Italian place on a recommend from my sister from another mother Carol. This eatery is not on the strip, and most locals don't even know of it, but what a nice surprise. I had the meat lasagna. Thick, with layer after yummy layer of pasta and cheesy goodness. The sausage was mild with the perfect breath of fennel.
Posted by PJMcD at 3:30 PM
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Here's my response to the meme from the DW.
4 jobs I've had: Cabinet maker, Dental tech,Frieght dock lumper, Sales rep. trainee for a body shop.
4 favorite TV shows: CSI,Unwrapped, My Name is Earl, any and all football, thats American football, not that soccer jive.
4 favorite foods: Grossly rare beef, a crispy fried pork blade steak, rolled oatmeal at the consistancy of stone, BACON.
4 web sites I visit: Raider Nation, Amazon.com, Pollstar, the various great blogz of all of my creative friends.
4 places I've lived: Sacramento Ca, Reno Nv, San Jose Ca,Tacoma Wa, but let's just keep that one between us girls,OK.
4 places I'd rather be: Fishing on a lake where the fish are big and hungry all day long, on a road trip with the DW seeing this great nation of ours, walking on a beach in Hawaii with the DW, in a hammock, sleeping in the shade, surrounded by a grove of honeysuckle in full bloom.
4 movies I love:
Posted by PJMcD at 10:09 AM
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Take a look at my darlin' Kaylee-bug on a slug. We got to spend the day together as my son had a 7 hour layover here in Seattle, so what was a gramps to do???? Take the day off from work...what else. I don't have a clue what heart cockles are, but mine sure were warmed on that day.
Posted by PJMcD at 9:06 PM
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 7:35 PM
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Check out my cool "Dia de los muertos" thingy. I got it from the DW back before she was the DW. "Its a dead mans party, who could ask for more?
Everybodies coming, leave your body at the door.
Leave your body and soul at the door. Don't run away, its only me.
don't be afraid of what you cannot see.
I just love that OINGO BOINGO, but not to marry.
Posted by PJMcD at 10:53 PM
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 9:41 PM
Posted by PJMcD at 8:20 PM
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 9:00 PM
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:03 PM
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 12:24 AM
Monday, June 18, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:43 PM
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:01 PM
Friday, June 15, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:03 PM
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Hey friends, say hello to Monkey and Dilly. Normally they face forward, staring at the road ahead, on the look-out for danger, cops,slow pokes or yard sales. Nowdays they have one less duty cuz my dear bride has forbidden me to go to yard sales as we have enough crap of our own without buying someone elses crap, just to bring it home to add it to my existing crap. Now when they see a yard sale or estate sale sign they cover their little button eyes and mummur. I invite you all to share on your blogz, your favorite stuffed companions. Traveling or stationary, it matters not.
Posted by PJMcD at 9:57 PM
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:23 PM
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 10:16 PM
Posted by PJMcD at 6:39 PM
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Posted by PJMcD at 7:03 PM
Monday, May 07, 2007
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."
Answers To Quiz:
1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends... Boxing
2. North American landmark constantly moving backward. Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)
3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons... Asparagus and rhubarb.
4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside... Strawberry.
5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)
6. Three English words beginning with dw... Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.
7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar... Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh is Lettuce.
9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with "s"... Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.
Posted by PJMcD at 8:50 PM