Mothers Day

Sunday, May 13, 2007


It's that day again, a chance to honor the moms of the world. Oh sure the day is no doubt the invention of a florist who dabbled in greeting cards, but a worthwhile day none the less.


I mean, only a woman could change a stinky diaper, give the baby a bath,dress the little bundle of joy only to get puked on, clean up the child and herself only to find that little junior has loaded up his pants again and is also blowing snot bubbles the size of grapes, without throwing herself or the baby in front of a bus. I've tried it and its no picnic, motherhood is the hardest job I can think of. And don't get me started about child birth.Just before my first son came slidding down "the pla-doh fun factory of life", Im almost sure I saw my ex-wifes head spin around two or three times. No thank you.Girls are my favorite gender, but I'd rather be a horse than a woman.


Also on the subject of Mothers Day,It's a downer for all those gals who wanted kids but never did. And I lost my mom when I was 11 and I only have fragments of memories of her so thats kinda tough too.But I have a Stepmother who I love and a Mother-in-law who is pure gold and I have Penny Catto who is like a Mother to me. And a fantastic wife who due to the fact that I continue to age yet am refusing to grow has to gives me motherlike advice, (sorry honey).


To all mothers everywhere God Bless ya girl you rule.

5 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Mother's Day is a definitely a day to celebrate mothers and all the women out there who desire in their hearts to be mothers but aren't! Happy Mother's Day to your wonderful, amazing wife ... who also makes heavenly rolls. Yum!

Ice Cream said...

You've certainly had a lot of mother figures in your life. i love seeing the picture of your mother. Very lovely.

Megan said...

Your mother is beautiful. I'm sure she's lookin' down and pleased as punch over you.
Happy Mother's day to you wonderful wife as well, also beautiful and I imagine also pleased as punch.
The punch is good on Mother's day, you know.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I am pleased to be the DW and all I wish is that I could have known the beautiful mother of my DH. We're so blessed to have many, many wonderful women in our lives.

annzy said...

Your wife is one of my favorite mothers too~

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger