OAHU

Sunday, October 26, 2008







Now I know the wonder and beauty of a tropical paradise. I also know that if I lived there I'd need a 55 gallon drum of Bag Balm. Talk about muggy. The water is so wonderfully warm, it's nearly like bath water. I actually went swimming in the ocean for the first time since JAWS came out. A guy at the hotel suggested we try the pool, to which I responded," I didn't come here to try the chlorine". I mean really. My favorite things were the road side fruit stands and "Shrimp Trucks" If you ever go there I highly suggest a day @ the Polynesian Cultural Center.

FACT: The slide or steel guitar was originated in the Hawaiian Islands and at some point toured and displayed in Nashville, and the rest is Country Western history. Sorry Tex.

2 comments:

TinkerDoodle said...

The Hula Girls are great...glad you and the wife had a great time thanks for the necklace

Dan said...

Seeing pics takes me back to my trip to Hawaii YEARS ago. I may need to take Holly and plan a get-a-way sometime soon.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger