New Years Revolution

Thursday, December 31, 2009





Another year has gotten behind me and I'm fairly certin that this is how people get old and decrepatated. I, like many people am taking stock in what I've done and what I haven't in the past year. I don't fret the past much cuz "woulda' has died of shoulda and coulda". But moving forward here is a list of what I aim to do better in the upcoming year.
1. I need to be kinder and less contentious. I claim to be a follower of Christ but too much of the time I ain't walkin' like I'm talkin' and that is what most people dislike about religion, and I sure don't wanna be that guy. In other words I want to improve my personal worthiness.
2. I plan to attend the Temple more. I want to get back to where me & the DW were a couple years, having a regular night that was OUR Temple night.
3. I'm gonna study more about my job. I've done way better than I ever thought I would @ this salez stuff, but there is a lot more I can do to improve my knowledge of the job and I intend to do just that.
4. I want to get more active. Not just be content with 45 minutes @ the gym. This also includes severing ties with the "Gut Truck" that comes to my work. I love the little deep fried burritoz they sell. I know the're a cardio bomb but I think they put morphine in them or something cuz that's a Jonez that's hard to jump.
5. I want to spend less money, which may necessitate a trip to the Betty Ford clinic to beat my wicked I- tunes addiction.
6. I want to drop a line to people on my E mail list instead of just sending forwards on and thinking I'm staying "in touch" with friends who've moved away. That's kinda lame.
7. And lastly I need to see to our food storage and over all emergency preparations.
Well those are my goals, feel free to ask me how I'm doing on them during the coming year. I wish to express my love and gratitude to all of my family and friends where ever you am iz. And in the words of some anonymous and perhaps drunken Irishman "May those who love us, love us. And for those who don't, may the Lord turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their hearts may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limpin'."

3 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Good job on step one of getting going on #7. We have the GenTran in place, so now we will have power if the electricity goes out.

These are all good goals!

Derek and Claire said...

You already have #1 down pat. You are one of the best examples of a Christian I know. As for the I-Tunes addiction thing, I give me a call and I can help you with that one..hahhaha... (Dr. Evil laugh in the background)....

An Ordinary Mom said...

I like the title of your post :) !! And I will make sure to ask you how your goals are going. They sound like grand ones to me. Good luck!

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger