The Best Gift

Friday, August 25, 2006

Bending, bleeding in the heart of someones mother, I felt the deep proceedings in the scars of another. I really tried to do your daughter good enough, but the string only runs so far, selling your soul and all. Trying to blame but it just ain't workin' out. Devalued confidence, I whisper when I shout. Turmoil turned into scarecrows burried alive. But this tried and truest barrel only holds so much rain. A sallow countenance for the world to witness here. Drops to the floor, flooding, the only worthy tear. After hours begging, my knees drip rancid blood,awakening reminders of a self I thought was gone. Well,well, well is there a winner in this game? Or does it really matter when some things never change.
I saw you when I least wanted to. So much the worse for all the wear & tear. From protecter and mentor to live-in tormentor. Of course you had to go,Maslow's damn pyramid. Reduced to lowest terms by reciprocal demands.
Every man still wants to know where he stands. Now I know where I stand, on my own hind legs. The best gift you ever gave me was when you left me.

1 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Here's to hoping this song is never about me.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger