MEME all off in your eye.

Thursday, January 11, 2007


The DW MEMED me and until she did I had no bleedin' idea what the Helsinki a MEME even was, other than some big gal who was on the Drew Carey Show. She always wore moo moos and had hideous make-up that looked like it was applied by Earl Schieb.

Anyways... I'm supposed to post five things you cyberlings don't know about me. So here it is - the naked and brutal truth. Don't hate me. I'm not special like you.

1. I could subsist on a diet of mustard sandwichs and walnuts. Walnuts by themselves, not on the sandwich. And Frenchs plain ol' yella mustard not that foo foo coarse ground, brown stuff. That's jive and will never do for a classic mustard sammi.

2. My all-time favorite hymn is "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief ". Following closely on the Best Loved Melodies list are "O My Father" and "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". All of those songs touch my heart and can set me to bawling. I'm just a big weepy soft hearted boob. That fact, however, is not much of a secret. What can I say? When the Spirit presses down on my soul tears squirt out.

3. For all of my kindness and service for others, I still have a dark and contentious nature that I am trying to overcome. Lord help me.

4. When I was younger I could throw a baseball in excess of 100 MPH on a radar gun, I've thrown a whiffle ball 55 MPH when I was 39 years old. The last time I threw, I was 41 and tore up my shoulder trying to best my oldest sons 75 MPH, which I did at 77 MPH. Since that stunt I can't even throw overhand anymore. That's what happens when you get old and give out.

5. Although I've been married twice before I met the Mrs., I have never loved anyone or anything more deeply than I do her. She is the breath in my lungs. I am commited to her fully and we are doing our best to walk with our Master, the Lord Jesus Christ. Through him and with her forever isn't some gooshy, silly lovers dream that the world throws around. But a very real possibility. I would drag my tongue across flamming glass if it made her happy, or at least put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, (cuz that does make her happy). I LOVE YOU Mrs. Mac!!!!!!!!! And that also is no much of a secret. I love you baby girl.

4 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

I really do like the dishwasher loading, but the mustard sandwich is just gross. Hmm... I love you anyway!

Megan said...

We share two favorite hymns in common. Water works, I'm tellin' ya.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Welcome to the meme world :) !!

Mustard gross, but your hymn selection is wonderful!

Glad you married the Mrs., too!

annzy said...

You two were mfeo her with the mayo you with the mustard ~

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger