All time Lowe

Saturday, February 24, 2007


I hope I've finally learned my lesson. Once again I ventured into Lowe's hardware, emphasis on the HARD, to buy something. Now usually when I go there,I somehow become invisible, either that or the workers turn invisible. This time however the gal at the customer service counter could actually see me, so I inquired as to the where abouts of the roofing products. With a totally vacant stare she motioned toward the back of the store and sez " I really couldn't tell you, its some where back there diagonally, I think".


Knowing only slightly more than I did before I wasted the Employee of the Months time, I begin wandering around the store like a blind dog in a butcher shop. You know following my nose, hoping to smell wood products. So I finally find the comp shingles Im looking to buy, except every bundle is torn open as if a rabid pack of roofing rats had attacked them. Frustrated I head out of the store, and Im sure I looked funny cuz I was kicking myself in the butt all the way out for thinking that I could get anything done at Lowe's.


Then all was MO' betta cuz I went to HOME DEPOT, the do it yourselfers Valahalla. Everything I needed was right in the front of the store. I was in and out in 10 minutes or so. So my advice to all of you is go to HOME DEPOT cuz they got what you need, and they can see their customers. If it gets intresting I'll post as to the progress of the reroofing of the shed.


TTFN DADDYSHARK

2 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

So did you start out at Lowe's because it was a right hand turn which is easier to make when you are driving south from your house, or did you just have a memory lapse that you can never find anything there when you go?

Megan said...

Daddy Shark, don't you know? It all has to do with marketing. Don't you know that marketing makes the world go 'round? You, my dear Shark, are not in Lowe's target market. I am in Lowe's target market. You are in HD's target market, I am not. You hate Lowe's because it isn't designed for you, just like I hate HD because it isn't designed for me (although I still go there for the more serious of projects- like roofing, because Lowe's doesn't expect the likes of me to be setting a toilet or tileing a floor.)
Marketing, my friend, marketing.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger