Monday, May 26, 2008



In memory of Memorial Day.
This is a tribute to all those who have fought and died or fought and lived, which sometimes can be harder. I served in the United States Army, but never went to war, thank heaven. I never knew anyone who actually died in war. I have had friends, however, who were wounded in war. Not all the wounds can be seen. They're carried as emotional scars throughout their lives. I too, salute and honor all those who place themselves in front of the bullets for this, our great country. Not all the wars were just or right, but the honor of serving our country remains.
I take this time to honor John McDonald (no relation, that I know of), Private First Class in the Unites States Army. I used to jog past his grave every other day when I lived near the cemetary. I would always offer a good morning or good afternoon to him as he lie in eternal slumber. PFC John McDonald, Rest In Peace.
One day there will be no wars and we will just honor one another in brotherhood. Peace, out.

1 comments:

Holly said...

I love that you talk to the headstones! I'm sure it made his day every time.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger