Every Member a Missionary

Sunday, August 17, 2008


Well here goes something.....what I don't know. I've been called to serve as the Ward Mission Leader. For a long time now I've wanted to heed the call to proclaim the Gospel, but the thought of actually doing it scared the heck out of me. I've wanted to dive into the Preach My Gospel manuel but have yet to crack it open. And not too long ago I sniveled to my wife that I didn't think the Ward Missionaries were doing a very good job and that our Ward was pretty sucky at fellowshiping and retaining newly the baptized.


Well the Lord has once again manifest himself in my life. It seems he's given me the kick in the pants I've been needing to grow in the building Zion department and use some of the talents and strength that I've been keeping under the "bushel basket" , so to speak.


Having never served a mission I don't have that experience from which to draw, but I have other attributes that I'm sure will serve the mission well. The bottom line is when all else fails I can, (and will) employ the Nephi logic, The Lord called me to this, and he will make a way for me to be an instrument in his cause. I will be asking all of you(in the ward) to get involved on some level. I am humbled and mostly unqualified for this gig, so I must be in the right place...right??

"Who the Lord calls,the Lord qualifies" I'm sooo countin' on it.

7 comments:

TinkerDoodle said...

Hope all goes well i'm sure you'll do a great job!

Holly said...

Wow, that is great! We miss one sunday and things get turned upside down! I know you will do an excellent job!

Dan said...

This will be a very exciting and challenging calling. You will do a fantastic job at this.

Megan said...

You will be a fantastic Ward Mission Leader! Good Luck.

Lucy van Pelt said...

You rock at whatever you decide to do, so no worries here. The missionaries will be lucky to have you as a ward mission leader.

An Ordinary Mom said...

You were made for this calling! I have no doubt that you will be remarkable in this new endeavor.

Ice Cream said...

Shake it up, Hermano McD, shake it up.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger