The Book and the Cover

Monday, February 08, 2010




A long while back I bought the Strawbs Ghosts album mostly because I liked the photograph of a supposed ghost caught on film. Of course it's fake but I liked it so I took a chance and bought it anyhow. It turned out to be a great record that I still love today. Every song is like an old friend. So then I saw the Deep Cuts artwork and I really dug that even more. But somehow I never got the chance to buy it. When I finally found it nearly 30 years later they wanted more money for it than I was willing to cough up. Now I've found it on Itunes and after sampling the songs I so glad I never wasted my money. There are two songs that I like, the rest are weak @ best.
The bottom album is Oingo Boingo- Nothing to Fear which was also bought due to the cool art on the cover. Folks who are into OB were the first to discover the genius of Danny Elfman. The rest of the world had to catch up much later. Oingo Boingo is still one of my all time favs and their music has had a serious effect on my life that I won't even try to explain to you earthlings. Both my sons are total Boingo Heads too. LP art is a thing of the past. An art form come and gone. Not many CD get purchased because the cover looked cool. Too bad cuz there are some treasures to be discovered out there.


1 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Nice art work! You have pretty good taste in that. Too bad not all the music matches the covers.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger