February 12th

Friday, February 12, 2010




Today marks the anniversary of my Mothers death and Abe Lincolns birth. My Mom was a kind woman but due to my age and major brain cell genocide I've engaged in over the years , my memories of her are dim. I do remember that whenever I complained of a tummy ache her first question was "Do you have to poop"?? Even as a kid I thought that was an odd question. As an adult however she was spot on. Momma knew what was up.


I never knew Honest Abe, but history and Miles Grover, paint him as a pretty cool guy. A great quote of his is "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves, and, under a just God, can not long retain it." One quote from my Ma went like this "PATRICK JOSEPH MCDONALD, YOU GET IN HERE THIS INSTANT!! It seems as a boy I "allegedly" was prone to mischief. Those of you who know me know that this is without a doubt a bad rap. I figure she was just trying to teach me my full birth name. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it. So this post is to honor two great Americans. Heaven's got a lot of Angels. So Abe, I've never owned slaves, unless yer gonna count the times I made my sons get me beers from the 'fridge and Mom....I'm tryin' to be the "goodest boy".

2 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

YOU?!? Prone to mischief? Who would ever think that?

Layla said...

Your mother was so beautiful! You look alot like her.

 
Daddy Shark - by Templates para novo blogger